Treetop walk & the Perseids
16 Aug 09 - Treetop walkGot up very early for the Treetop walk at MacRitchie this morning.. Surprisingly the journey only took half an hr and so I was half an hour early.
According to the Nparks website, the trail would take about 3-4 hrs to complete.. And again, that's overestimation. We finished in abt 2 hours or so, sweaty, thirsty and smelly.. And just in time for a nice lunch..
The treetop walk was quite interesting, out of nowhere in the middle of the forested area, some reservoir can be spotted from there. Think the trails make a good morning workout route for many ppl living near the area..
*Very huge ant spotted.. 5cm long?
*Sat on a broken down ranger buggy
*Nice clear blue sky on a Sunday morning
*Sand trail along the way
12 Aug 09 - Perseids
The news mentioned that the annual Perseids meteors can be seen tonite.. peaks at abt 2am. *so excited* And so, as usual i'll try to go catch such stuffs..
I went to this jetty at ecp where the planes wld fly over v frequently.. It was quite dark there at nite, but the sky was rather cloudy.. Anyway, I still waited.. but *sigh*.. no meteors, no earthgrazers.. no luck..
But the uncles fishing there were in luck.. In my one hour of sky staring there, they caught two chubby catfish! So interesting.. one was abt 30+ cm.. the other abt 20cm.. *I didn't know such big fishes can be caught at the jetty.. was expecting ikan billis to be hauled up*
Poor thing for the catfish though.. After the hook was removed, their fins were cut off while they were struggling abt looking so pathetic and letting out a 'groaning' sound.. so #$@%*!&.. then they were thrown into a styrofoam box for storage.. and they'll probably end up on the dinner table soon..
That's y I don't like to go prawning too.. -___-


<< Home